Sign-up for Dast2Dast hosted shelter dinners and volunteer to donate food items or to prepare and serve meals.
Shelter dinner event 5 to 6:30 pm
Date: July 22, 2017
We are serving approximated 60 shelter residents & homeless individuals at the Bailey's Cross Road Shelter. Please sign up below. If you cannot drop off a food item you are donating, or if you are bringing someone with you, please email Desiree.
Please contact Desiree if you are planning to bring minors under 18 years of age since prior authorization is needed from the shelter.
Please note each row is for 50-60 people unless noted otherwise below.
Bailey’s Crossroads Community Shelter
3525 Moncure Ave, Baileys Crossrds VA 22041
Click here for more info on food items (quantity and photos)
Sign up below...
|1 large tray of white rice||#1: Shohreh P.|
|1 large tray of mixed rice||#1: Sanam Y.|
|10 rotisserie chicken||#1: Mandana T.|
|30 skewers of kabob||#1: Fred A.|
|3 large lasagnas||#1: Nasim F.|
|1 large tray of pasta||#1: cyrus K.|
|Salad & dressing (for 60+)||#1: Ramin S.|
|1 large tray of mashed potato||#1: Susan S.|
|1 large trays of mixed vegetables||#1: Sara K.|
|Fruits (for 60+)||#1: Mojgan R.|
|Fruit salad||#1: Fred A.|
|4 large Costco cakes||#1: ryan k.|
|3 - 5 quarts ice cream buckets & cookies (for 60+)||#1: Nersi Z.|
|Juice/drinks||#1: Faranak R.|
|Baguettes||#1: Desiree M.|
Tips for new volunteers
- Volunteers must remain in the kitchen and are not allowed in the main area of the shelter
- If you are serving, please do not bring friends along unless you have discussed it with one of Dast2Dast organizers
- Please do not give money to residents
- Also do not give your contact information to residents
- Please eat before coming to the shelter as leftover of our food will be served to the residents the next day
- If you bring your pots and pans, you are responsible for collecting them before leaving the shelter
- If you do not want to wear hair nets, bring a cap to wear
- Gloves provided by the shelter must be worn at all times
- If you have any questions, ask one of the organizers, Desiree, Anna, Farhang or Mehrdad
- If you are running late, please call the organizer
- Please recycle as much as possible as supplies of the shelter are donated and limited
- You are more than welcome to bring any additional supplies for the kitchen of the shelter (e.g.: foam plates and bowls, plastic knives, forks and spoons, canned food, non-perishable food for the pantry, etc.)
- The shelter warmly welcomes donation of clothing and shoes that are clean and re-wearable. You can drop off your donations during shelter events. Click here for more info on donating.