Sign-up for Dast2Dast hosted shelter dinners and volunteer to donate food items or to prepare and serve meals.
There are no shelter dinner sign-up sheets available at this time
Tips for new volunteers
- Volunteers must remain in the kitchen and are not allowed in the main area of the shelter
- If you are serving, please do not bring friends along unless you have discussed it with one of Dast2Dast organizers
- Please do not give money to residents
- Also do not give your contact information to residents
- Please eat before coming to the shelter as leftover of our food will be served to the residents the next day
- If you bring your pots and pans, you are responsible for collecting them before leaving the shelter
- If you do not want to wear hair nets, bring a cap to wear
- Gloves provided by the shelter must be worn at all times
- If you have any questions, ask one of the organizers, Desiree, Anna, Farhang or Mehrdad
- If you are running late, please call the organizer
- Please recycle as much as possible as supplies of the shelter are donated and limited
- You are more than welcome to bring any additional supplies for the kitchen of the shelter (e.g.: foam plates and bowls, plastic knives, forks and spoons, canned food, non-perishable food for the pantry, etc.)
- The shelter warmly welcomes donation of clothing and shoes that are clean and re-wearable. You can drop off your donations during shelter events. Click here for more info on donating.