Sign-up for Dast2Dast hosted shelter dinners and volunteer to donate food items or to prepare and serve meals.
Date: November 27, 2021
Feeding the homeless while helping a local restaurant. This month shelter dinner is sponsored by the Ghaisar family.
This month shelter dinner is dedicated in the memory and honor of our beloved Bijan Ghaisar.
During COVID, we are continuing to feed the homeless every month even though we are unable to prepare and serve food ourselves.
We are currently trying to raise money by 12/17/2021 to fund our annual Gifts of Joy project. Dast2Dast Gifts of Joy project provides care packages for homeless individuals who normally don’t receive gifts during the holiday season. This year’s Dast2Dast Gifts of Joy project will also provide 400 holiday meal kits for 400 food-insecure families. If you are interested in contributing, click here.
Sign up below...
Tips for new volunteers
- Volunteers must remain in the kitchen and are not allowed in the main area of the shelter
- If you are serving, please do not bring friends along unless you have discussed it with one of Dast2Dast organizers
- Please do not give money to residents
- Also do not give your contact information to residents
- Please eat before coming to the shelter as leftover of our food will be served to the residents the next day
- If you bring your pots and pans, you are responsible for collecting them before leaving the shelter
- If you do not want to wear hair nets, bring a cap to wear
- Gloves provided by the shelter must be worn at all times
- If you have any questions, ask one of the organizers, Desiree, Anna, Farhang or Mehrdad
- If you are running late, please call the organizer
- Please recycle as much as possible as supplies of the shelter are donated and limited
- You are more than welcome to bring any additional supplies for the kitchen of the shelter (e.g.: foam plates and bowls, plastic knives, forks and spoons, canned food, non-perishable food for the pantry, etc.)
- The shelter warmly welcomes donation of clothing and shoes that are clean and re-wearable. You can drop off your donations during shelter events. Click here for more info on donating.